Baseline to Sideline is a web magazine and a recruiting website providing athletes a stage to get some exposure. Our goal is to help players achieve their dreams of playing at the next level. We also are in the business of providing coaches accurate evaluations on players.
Robert Alfonso Jr. is the owner, founder and recruiting coordinator at Baseline to Sideline. Since 1999, Alfonso has worked with players from all levels including middle school, high school, college and professional. Prior to creating BTS, Alfonso spent years covering athletics for several years in New York, North Carolina and Georgia. He also coached high school basketball and was an educator.
Alfonso, a Queens, NY native, played and graduated from Mount St. Mary’s College in Newburgh, NY, with a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication. He also holds a Master’s Degree in Special Education from Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ.
Coaching and Recruiting Experience
- 10 years between high school and travel basketball
- Coached, developed and mentored players, many of whom went on to play at the collegiate level, while serving as the assistant on boys and girls basketball programs
- Worked under five head coaches who have won multiple state championships, while also helping players reach the next level
- Helped direct college coaches toward players in basketball, baseball and football in order to help make the right connection for a scholarship
- Over the years, helped run and organize a number of nationally recognized tournaments in the South
- Worked several camps across the country like All Metro Hops Showcase, Five-Star basketball, Elite 100 Showcase, Scoutfocus, NBPA Top 100, Super Soph, Fab Frosh and Jr. All-American Camp.
Alfonso has offered insight and opinions on the step-by-step process of going from high school athletics to being a college athlete. His goal is to promote high school athletes.